Can glass scratch itself?
Answer from: Beibit Sakhanov:
Yes, it is easy, there are different kinds of glass. The same crystal has a harder hardness than window glass, and in theory you can scratch your window glass with a vase. In reality, it's harder, even "with a diamond" on a ring or "earring" It is not so easy to scratch the glass, you need a rather large stone, from one-third of a carat, otherwise it will not work., Just geometrically there will be no contact between the edge and the glass.
- What is the chemical reaction and between which substances occurs with effervescent tablets in a glass of water?
- If we dissolve 5 kg of sugar in a glass of water, the resulting syrup will weigh 5 kg?
- Let's say there are two panes of glass. In one we throw something heavy, and on the other we carefully put. What will be the consequences?
- Why glass is multicolored?
- If you drink water from a glass with a straw, "suck in" the liquid and remove the straw from the glass while holding it in your mouth, the water does not drain. Why?