Drainage around the house is correct to do under or next to the blind area?
Answer from: George Stepico:
If the drainage is arranged in the form of a ditch (trench) filled with sand, crushed stone or gravel, then there is a danger of water filtration from it under the house. Such drains usually do along the perimeter of the plot along the slope of the land (or with the slope of the ditch itself). Or, as a minimum, take it away from the house on 2 depths of the ditch.
If the drainage is arranged with impermeable trays (concrete or plastic), you can place it directly beside the backdrop.
If the drainage is made in the form of drilled vertical drifts, they can be placed anywhere. But this is only applicable if there is no upper groundwater.
- How wide should the blind area around the house be?
- How to correct a builder's mistake? In a log house the supporting ridge beams are sawn.
- It is possible to build a house in a swampy area? And what kind of foundation is needed for it?
- What is better for living in the house all year round: brick or timber?
- How to build a small house, 10x10 sq. meters?