How to fulfill your higher mission?
Answer from: marie k.:
Sociologist, translator. Lover of all kinds of arts&crafts, collector...
"Do what must be done, and be what will be will be" - This recipe was offered in such cases by Leo Tolstoy, a man who thought and wrote a great deal about predestination, mission, the meaning of life, etc.п.
Often the difficulty is this: how to understand what it is, this higher mission? What is it "must" is for you? To love, support, protect your loved ones? Trying to make life better for at least part of the people (preferably not the oligarchs, they're doing just fine)? Taking care of the planet? Create new knowledge? Something else? Different people have different answers and different priorities. But the very fact that you're thinking about it and asking these questions already shows that you're not one of the majority. It is even more important to understand this for yourself. And then just do it.
- I do not take responsibility for my words. It costs nothing to say and NOT to do. Sometimes I say things, knowing that I will not be able to fulfill them. How to become a man of your word?
- What to do if in the second year you realize that your chosen specialty is not interesting, but your parents are against expulsion? What will give such a higher education?
- How many times can you change your consent to enroll in higher education?
- If God were to promise you to fulfill any three requests concerning your children, what would you ask for?
- Is it possible to withdraw your declaration of consent half an hour before the end of admission and apply to another institution of higher learning?