What is the principle used to divide leftists and rightists and how this classification originated?
Answer from: Alexander Gruber:
Engineer - programmer ⚡⚡ I understand computers, technology, electronics...
During the French revolution people were seated in parliament (national assembly) according to their opinion: supporters of constitutional monarchy (felons) were on the right, and opposite them, on the left, sat Jacobins, known for their radical views (moderates occupied the seats in the middle). Therefore, initially, the right-wingers are conservatives, and the left-wingers are revolutionaries.
Specific programs, of course, depend more on the era, the country, and the agenda.
Answer from: Alexandra Fedorovskaya:
Marketing expert, teacher, and young mother....
It's simple. Political freedoms (left) vs. economic freedoms (right). If against all freedoms - authoritarianism (lower), if for both freedoms - libertarianism (upper).
- Who are the "leftists" and "rightists" and what is the difference between them?
- What will the exit from the European Union mean for Britain? Explain in simple terms the excitement surrounding this situation
- Why is it that today the consideration of communism, even the development of its political. and juridical. side, with modern experience, is sort of excluded from the media discourse, do you notice this?
- Explain in simple terms what is happening in the Middle East. Who is against whom and what is the role of the Islamic State in this pit?
- Why doesn't the administration of this resource respect the rules they approved? Why should I see in the answers of "experts" "absorbent cotton, conditional worker of Uralvagonzavod"?