What to Do If Your Nail Breaks?
Answer from: Catherine Shmeleva:
I do not cease to learn new things. I like traveling and everything connected with it. A lot of...
The nail can break in different ways. If it is a fracture in the form of a crack - simply reinforce with modeling gel, or even an ordinary nail base, completely covering.
If the nail broke off completely, it also depends on the stage of damage.
Answer from: Katya Treasure:
Sound therapist and bodywork practitioner. Teacher at the International School of Singing...
**👉 A nail can break in different ways:**
- peel off on the sides with the nail bed intact;
- the free tip of the nail may break without damage to the nail bed;
- The nail may crack or break at the root;
- the end of the nail can break with damage to the bed;
- The nail may be traumatized, with breakage and skin damage.
👉 If a nail is badly injured, torn off it is better to seek medical help. **When the nail tip is broken off, peeled off** or cracked, it may be enough to keep it glued, clip it off, and file it down. If an artificial nail breaks, you will most likely need to visit a manicurist.
Answer from: Olga Morogova:
Higher education, Nordic character. I like to read and like cats....
The mechanism of treatment for a broken nail will depend on how badly the nail plate has been traumatized. To begin with, let's list the most common types of damage:
1. Lateral detachments without trauma to the bed;
2. Breakage of the nail plate at the very "root";
3. Cracks with damage to the bed;
4. Trauma with tearing of the plate and damage to the skin under the nail.
Actions to be taken as soon as the nail is broken:
- Trim or file the plate;
- To glue the broken part of the nail;
- Use the services of a manicurist.
- How long can you wear gel nail polish? Is it worth it to take a break and let your nails take a break from coverage?
- What is nail strengthening (service in a beauty salon)?
- If I paint my nail with PVA glue and then varnish. Won't the glue ruin the nail plate?
- Does your nail polish come off after 7-8 hours after a manicure (at home)? How to avoid it?
- How to quickly dry the nail polish?