What was there before God created the Earth?
Answer from: Oksana R.:
Interested in jurisprudence, answering related questions, as well as...
When Blessed Augustine was asked: "What was there before God created time?" He answered that God created hell for those who ask such questions.
St. Augustine was joking because temporal categories do not apply to the eternal existence of God and because "Until" is also a category of time and no "before" before the creation of time. As well as before the creation of the material universe, together with the Earth (because we believe that matter was created in time and with time).
So, in the space of orthodox tradition, the answer to this question should be: you will burn in hell no matter what (just kidding! (or not). So, in the space of orthodox tradition it should be said that this world was created in time, why it changes and why temporality applies to it in general, and everything that was, is and will be "before" this world is God.
- What is the likelihood of zombies appearing on earth and is there currently a virus that could trigger a zombie apocalypse?
- What would happen if Satan and God started cooperating and how would it affect the lives of people on Earth?
- Are there any examples of states which were created from a society of criminals? I heard that criminals were brought to Australia and then they founded the country.
- If there is no God, then who created the ladybug?
- There are a lot of movies where the alien race moving from planet to planet destroys them, and the natives fight them, so maybe this alien race - it's us?